Which areas should we add?

Discussion in 'About South East Central & Your Feedback' started by Nick Barron, Apr 17, 2011.

?

Which other areas should we create a sub-forum for?

1. Blackheath

41 vote(s)
    46.6%
  2. Catford

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Charlton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Greenwich

41 vote(s)
    46.6%
  5. Lee

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. Nick Barron

Nick Barron Admin Staff Member

This is a South East London forum, so we are happy to create sub-forums for other areas, to add to the ones for Lewisham, New Cross, Ladywell, Brockley and Deptford. But there's only any point in doing so if people will use them, so please let us have your nominations for areas we should introduce next. We're prioritising areas without an alternative existing forum.

I've created a poll, to capture votes or nominate another area.

It's early days in the life of this forum, but it would be good to get your views.

2. Brockley Ben

Brockley Ben Proper Local

Blackheath got my vote, purely because I go there more often than the others. Greenwich too please (don't think I can vote for more than one).

3. betamatt

betamatt Respected Local

Hither Green and Catford please.

4. tirez

tirez Respected Local

What about Peckham and Camberwell?

5. Nick Barron

Hi Tirez, I've always thought Peckham was covered pretty well by the East Dulwich Forum, but happy to be corrected? I've always thought Camberwell is more like south / central London than SE London - I'm not sure we'll get many users, but again happy to be challenged on that assumption?

Dullwitch likes this.
  6. tirez

tirez Respected Local

Well, living in north Brockley, I have more of an interest in what happens in Peckham/Camberwell than areas like Lee or Charlton. Perhaps that's just me, but I'd find news related to that slightly more central area of SE London quite relevant.

joe pubic likes this.
  7. Catford for me as it is only a short walk through Ladywell Park and quite a big part of Lewisham borough. I know there is Catford Central but it does not get updated that often.

8. urbansurgery

urbansurgery Newbie

i've added catford as blythe hill lives in the bermuda triangle of brockley (crofton park), catford and forest hill.

9. Carys

Carys Local

Each sub-area has its own 'Groups' page, but is it possible for there to be just one 'Groups' page for the whole of the South East, where you put the area in the title? It seems likely that people would be willing to travel from, say, Brockley to Deptford if there's something on, but to find out they'd currently have to look in all the sub-sections.

Edit: Good for community cohesion too!

Roundhead General likes this.
  10. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy South East Crusader

i like the group or search by postcode idea, could there be some kind of drop down thingy to add a postcode tag? Probably clear that I know bugger all about setting up a forum

11. Nick Barron

Because you demanded it! We've added a dedicated area of the forum for Catford.

12. barny7

barny7 Member

Dont want it going too far a field,but its Catford and Blackheath for me too.

13. Cheers for adding Catford to the site

14. Huey

Huey Local

Hi, could be pls have a dedicated Nunhead area on these boards? - although there is a local forum already it'd be nice to post on here too and feel connected with our neighbouring areas :) thanks!

15. oldnewromantic

oldnewromantic Lives for South East London

A Nunhead area gets my vote too!!!

16. oryx

oryx Local

Forest Hill and Honor Oak Park?

17. Nick Barron

Oryx - there already is se23.com?

18. oryx

oryx Local

Fair enough. I know about it & am on there regularly - it's great for news about things like shops opening (or indeed closing) and local history. I assumed that plenty of the other areas represented on here also had other local forums/blogs.

19. Nick Barron

We'd rather focus for now on areas that do not have successfully established local forums. Most of the areas we cover at the moment don't really have established forums.

20. Matt

Matt Fountain of Southern Knowledge

Hatcham. Once great with all sorts of things named after it, now disappearing and being written out of existence.