South East Central on your mobile

Discussion in 'About South East Central & Your Feedback' started by Brockley Jon, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Brockley Jon

Brockley Jon Admin Staff Member

Hi all,

We're aware that a lot of you read South East Central on your mobiles. The standard site design doesn't look particularly great on a small screen, and some of you have asked about getting a specific mobile version. I bring good news on two fronts...

Tapatalk

I'm pleased to announce that we've activated this forum for the Tapatalk mobile app for iPhone, BlackBerry and Android. Tapatalk is a paid app (£1.99) that gives you access to thousands of forums via a native app interface.We know some of you already use it with other forums.

I stress we have no connection with Tapatalk - they do not pay us, we do not pay them, so if anything doesn't work right then please don't come to us. It is just an alternative way of accessing our content. Here's what the site looks like when viewed via Tapatalk:

Tapatalk-screengrab.jpg

To find SEC on Tapatalk, search for "South East Central" within the app. Ignore the warning it gives you about the site not using an up-to-date plugin. This is just where I've disabled some functionality to stop annoying Tapatalk popups everytime a mobile user accesses the SEC homepage! :p

SEC mobile-specific version

The developers of the software this forum runs on, XenForo, have announced that the next version of the software will feature a mobile-specific version. This means that anyone accessing the forum via mobile will see a cut-down version of the site, which will hopefully be much nicer to use on a small screen. This means you get a mobile-friendly view without having to use a third party app (i.e. Tapatalk).

So before you rush out to buy Tapatalk, bear this in mind. At present there is no due-date for the next version - it will be a few months yet, I'm sure.

SE15 Mick and Ravedog like this.
  2. This is very welcome news, thank you for your efforts with this - looks just great!

3. Pratish

Pratish Moderator Staff Member

On a windows phone using board express... Looking really nice... Watch out guys... Lots of posting now! :)

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Brockley Jon likes this.
  4. Very good news. Nice simple interface and I like that you can use the app to search for other forums (fora?) with just a couple of key words

5. Brockley Jon

Quick update on this:

I have just fixed the Tapatalk plugin so that should be working again now (no-one reported it broken anyway :( ;)).

Also, proper HTML mobile version should be with us in the next few months hopefully.

6. Brockley Jon

I have just updated the Tapatalk plugin to the latest version.

Worth knowing - Tapatalk have just released Tapatalk 4 (for Anroid), which is free at the moment on Google Play. The original Tapatalk app is also free on the App Store. Not sure how long it will stay that way so grab it while you can!