Playgroups and activities for babies and toddlers

Discussion in 'Brockley' started by Mumbrella, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Mumbrella

Mumbrella Member

When I first became a parent it took me months to find out about what groups were running in the area. Since becoming a childminder I've become a bit of a playgroup expert, so I've uploaded my comprehensive knowledge onto this website.

www.brockleymumbrella.co.uk

Let me know if you have a group or activity you'd like to include. Hope you all find it useful.

Kate-moving and Brockley Jon like this.
  2. Babistic Baby Massage

Babistic Baby Massage Proper Local

Hi Mumbrella,

I'm the New Parent Supporter for NCT for Brockley and Crofton Park area and also run the meetups for Brockley Netmums. I recently updated the 'What's on Guide' for pre-schoolers so feel free to have a look and add on to your site http://www.nct.org.uk/branches/lewisham/connect-others/brockley-and-crofton-park There are files at the bottom of the link.

It's great what you are doing making awareness of what's on in our area and surrounds.

Regards,

Samantha

3. Babistic Baby Massage

I run baby massage classes on Thursday's at St Hilda's at 11am so if you could add that on that would be fantastic. Let me know what details you need and I'll email.

4. Apple

Apple Member

Fantastic! Thank you for bothering.

5. Zanthe

Zanthe Newbie

Thanks for doing this, Mumbrella. I wonder, does anyone know of any playgroups run on Saturdays? I've been looking for ages and I haven't been able to find anything.

6. Bouncy

Bouncy Respected Local

Yes, thank you - this is really useful!

7. Bouncy

Bouncy Respected Local

P.S. You have the (very good) St Andrew's music group listed as in Thursdays - it's also on with the same person on Tuesdays.

8. Bouncy

Bouncy Respected Local

Okay, last expression of enthusiasm...the NCT information is great too! Very comprehensive. Promise I'm not trying to bump this thread - just happy that people are putting this all together. So useful for those days when you are in a rut and can't think what to do...

Babistic Baby Massage likes this.
  9. Babistic Baby Massage

I am a mum myself and when I saw the information was so outdated I updated it. Took quite a while but worth it.

10. Mumbrella

Mumbrella Member

I've added the Baby Massage Classes and also a list of when various term-time only playgroups come to an end. I'll be posting soon on what summer holiday activities there are that you can do with little ones.

11. Hello Mumbrella,

I run spanish under 5s classes at st hildas on mondays at 10.30 but these are term time. From tuesday 24th july I will be holding the classes at the dish and the spoon in nunhead at 10.30 over the summer holidays (£5 a family)
    Cheers

Bilinguebabies

12. Bouncy

Bouncy Respected Local

Slightly off topic...but do any of you know of any toddler first aid classes running locally? Thanks!

13. I don't unfortunatley, st johns may run them.,?,

14. Mumbrella

Mumbrella Member

If you've already run out of steam for the summer, I've posted a few more activities, outings and things to do on my blog: www.mumbrella.org.uk
    Let me know if anyone wants to share anything else that's going on.

15. Bouncy

Bouncy Respected Local

Ooh thank you, Mumbrella - I had no idea things were going on in Ladywell Fields - hadn't noticed it! Have you been, by any chance, and do you (or anyone else) know whereabouts exactly the activities are?

16. Mumbrella

Mumbrella Member

Hi Bouncy, ParkActive, which is supposed to be going on in Ladywell fields and various other parks, seems to be basically just a couple of sports coaches with equipment like balls and bats and soft play shapes and they try to get youngsters to join in with a few activities. I'm not sure where it's being held in Ladywell fields, but in Telegraph Hill Park where we went today it's in the top basketball/football cage. They're supposed to be there every day all this week as well as last week according to the Lewisham Council website (http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/events/whats-on/activities/Pages/ParkActive.aspx). But maybe with all the rain they've been taking a few days off...

17. Babistic Baby Massage

Hi Lily (Mumbrella) hope you are well. I've just posted on South East Central Forum about the next picnic meetup on Tuesday 21st August on Hilly Fields . Is there a place on your site for current meetups? Sam x

18. Bouncy

Bouncy Respected Local

Thanks, Mumbrella...now I think I may have seen them about last year, in Hilly Fields, next to the playground...people standing around with a few bits of equipment... I assumed it was something you had to pay for, because no one was using it!

19. Mumbrella

Mumbrella Member

Hi Sam, I've just added the picnic. Hope to see you there!

20. Babistic Baby Massage

Fab thanks Lily looking forward to seeing you there x