Major developments in SE London

Discussion in 'South East London General Discussion' started by Nick Barron, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Nick Barron

Nick Barron Admin Staff Member

I thought it would be worth capturing all of the major developments taking place across the area. Starting with...

Woolwich Central (Under construction)
    [​IMG]

Kidbrooke Village (Under construction)
    [​IMG]

Deptford Project (Approved)
    [​IMG]

Please add or suggest others to include.

Brockley Jon likes this.
  2. EdHammond

EdHammond South Eastern Guru

Obvious one is the E&C regeneration, and the (slightly more distant) plans relating to the cinema/MSCP and railway station in Peckham. I will try to find links.

3. Brockley Jon

Brockley Jon Admin Staff Member

Is Lewisham Renaissance too old to count?

That Woolwich one - ouch.

Tamsin likes this.
  4. Nick Barron

5. Nick Barron

No, it's still under construction, so still counts. Woolwich Central is... special.

6. MSG

MSG Local

7. Dave 98

Dave 98 Member

8. Nick Barron

9. Nick Barron

10. Brockley Jon

Brockley Jon Admin Staff Member

What a dog's dinner. Is that supposed to be a promotional image?

11. Tamsin

Tamsin Super-South-Easter

It's a lovely view westwards that you don't normally get, with the river snaking left to right and back again - and again - and Wembley Arch off to the top right hand corner.

Can anyone locate (I must say I haven't tried particularly hard) that advertising image from about ten years ago of an aerial view of London with the river running in a straight line through it? Very well done - it took a little while to twig just what was wrong with it.

12. Richard Elliot

Richard Elliot Fountain of Southern Knowledge

@Jon - I agree as a promotional image it's dreadful, but I'm pleased to see there is at least a vision for the peninsula. It's such a large piece of land that is terribly under utilised considering the regeneration project for that area must have started 15yrs ago?

Brockley Jon likes this.
  13. Nick Barron

Decathlon site, Canada Water, proposed
    [​IMG]

14. pplesrepublicofsouthwark

pplesrepublicofsouthwark Respected Local

really good to have a much wider map of all the 'regenerations' which will inevitably mean the council tenants, low-wage workers etc get pushed even further out of london. the heygate disaster is, fortunately, by no means over - here's the most recent developments, in chronological order: outline planning application approved on 15th january, regeneration documents leaked on 5th february, phase 1 application approved 6th february, compulsory purchase order public inquiry 6th - 9th february, debunking the spin.
    it'd be good to hear experiences from the people living in other (yet to be developed) areas, for comparison?

15. Nick Barron

"The Movement" in West Greenwich, Under Construction
    [​IMG]

16. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Newbie

At Indigo London we have been transforming London Properties and it is great to see other fantastic work being done.

17. Michael_FH

Michael_FH Lives for South East London

18. Tamsin

Tamsin Super-South-Easter