Brockley High Level Station

Discussion in 'Brockley' started by BreakspearsEagle, Mar 8, 2012.

1. BreakspearsEagle

BreakspearsEagle Respected Local

I know there is a low key campaign to get this station back into use.

I was wondering how many trains actually pass through this station? I rarely see a train going this way despite travelling from Brockley every morning and if I do it is usually a freight train.

2. Gila

Gila Respected Local

I know the Dartford to Victoria trains (which stop at Lewisham then Nunhead) pass through here, I think there's two an hour.

3. Gila

Gila Respected Local

Oh and presumably on the way back, so that's four an hour!

4. Headhunter

Headhunter Super-South-Easter

It would be great to see it back in use but I wouldn't hold your breath... I think it's mostly freight trains that pass through at the moment

5. alisam2u

alisam2u Super-South-Easter

High Level Link

Background
    There has been considerable research into Brockley's High Level Link over the years. The station was originally known as Brockley Lane and closed in 1913. The platforms still remain today, as are the original steps leading up to them, only the wooden structures which were on the platforms have been completely removed.

You can find out more about the history of the station from these websites:

www.loveplums.co.uk/Tube/Greenwich_Park_line.html (contains some excellent photos)
    www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/stations/b/brockley_lane/index.shtml
    www.yellins.com/transporthistory/rail/l-and-g.html (good map and information)

6. tyrwhitt ali

tyrwhitt ali Regular

The Orient Express trains use that line too. That was quite a surprise when I saw one go over!