Blogging Workshop in Southwark - Sat 13th July

Discussion in 'South East London General Discussion' started by Emily Benet, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Emily Benet

Emily Benet Member

Hello!
    My name's Emily Benet, I'm an author, blogger and run social media workshops. My next Blogging for Beginners and Improvers workshop is on Saturday 13th July in SE1. See below for full details and please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

BLOGGING FOR BEGINNERS and IMPROVERS
    Saturday 13th July 10.30am - 2.30pm (including 30min break)
    @ 77 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 4TW
    Fee: £40.00 Limited Places.

Whether you're an individual or a business, a blog is an extremely effective tool for increasing your online presence and bringing you in touch with a wider audience. It's a dynamic platform that you can use to share your creativity and skills, offer advice and insight, or simply entertain.

You don't need to be technically-minded to have a blog. All you need is an internet connection, an e-mail and a couple of spare hours in your week. Anyone can blog. That said you don’t want to settle for just any old blog that you'll get bored of! This workshop will give you the time and space to develop your ideas and the information to begin blogging as soon as you get home.

This intensive workshop is packed with tips about how to make the most of your blog, how to promote it, gain a readership, keep it interesting and also, importantly, what to avoid. My focus will be on blogger.com and wordpress.com blog platforms. If you've been meaning to start a blog for a long time, why put it off any longer? Come along for a friendly, fun and informative workshop.

TOPICS:
    1. Introduction to Blogging
    2. Writing Online vs Offline
    3. Analysis of Blogs
    4. The Blog Post - elements of post, practical 'how to', do's and don'ts
    5. The Big Idea – Group discussion; exercises to develop your idea
    6. Set up – Choosing a blog platforms, layout, design, style
    7. Content – multimedia: adding pictures and videos, changing content e.g. blog rolls, linking, widgets
    8. Building an Audience – marketing your blog
    9. Social Networking – a brief look at facebook and twitter

There will be useful handouts to take away so you won’t have to remember everything!

ABOUT ME:
    My book Shop Girl Diaries began as a weekly blog and was commissioned by Salt Publishing after I promoted it on Facebook. It was also noticed by director Chloe Thomas, and a taster for a sitcom was shot starring Katy Wix (Not Going Out). My blog won the CompletelyNovel Author Blog Awards in 2010 and it has been featured in the new guidebook Blogging for Creatives. I've written about the benefits of social media for writers in Mslexia, The New Writer and am a contributor to the upcoming Publishing Talk Guide to Blogging.

For more information please don't hesitate to get in touch with me: emily@emilybenet.com

Or, book now via Paypal from my website www.emilybenet.com to secure your place.